- Location: Jerusalem, Israel
- Religion: Islam
- Built: 687-691
- The Dome of the Rock is open for daily visits between 08:30 to 15:00.
- As of now, only Muslims are allowed to visit the shrine.
- The Dome of the Rock is built on the place where, according to Muslim’s belief, Muḥammad ascended to heaven.
- The Dome is built on the place where, according to Jews, Abraham offered Isaac as a sacrifice.
- The building is built over a sacred stone
- The Dome is octagonal in shape.
- Its most distinct feature is the gold dome.
- The Dome of the Rock is the oldest Islamic building to survive.
- The marble and mosaic parts of the dome were added centuries after it was built.
- The building suffered many damages over the years and it was rebuilt several times. Last major rebuilding was done in 1035.